It may be useful to record here that Edmunds Farm is part of the Manor of Keymer. In 1597 Thomas Brett held a house and a virgate of land called Edmunds als Britts in Balcombe, containing 172 acres worth £30 p.a. and paying a quit rent of 25s 7½d, to the Manor of Keymer. It has not yet come to light who was the Edmund who gave it its name.
The parish boundary crosses the road at Edmunds Farm and includes the field on the north of the road between the farm and the guide post; then it turns east, crosses the Paddockhurst Lane at the N. entrance to West Hill (now called Lullings), runs down below the old Lullings, turning northward again along the Ardingly brook till it reaches Wakehurst (now Paddockhurst) Park.