A name which has only been lost recently is North Gardens. It seems to be part of what is now Little London, which is quite a modern name. The first ordnance map of 1813 shows no houses there except Jenkins and Bolney Farm. Mount Pleasant was built very shortly after. There is a much perished date with initials which look like H.B., 1817. These initials may stand for Hamlyn Borrer, who at that time owned Stone, but there seems no doubt that the actual builder was William Box. For a short time it was called Wakehurst Cottage. In 1900 the agent called it The Mount, but it has now reverted to its original name.