Another portion of the parish which is difficult to identify now is Parks, but there are deeds in existence dating from 1497 relating to it. Reference has been made, to Bentley Park across the road in Cuckfield, and the family of A Parke gave its name to a little bit of land which became merged in the possession of the Heath family in 1612. It should be recorded here that the nation and the parish are indebted to the Pelham family, who deposited a large number of the deeds relating to their property at the British Museum and at the Library of the Sussex Archaeological Society so that they may be available to the public. The Master of the Rolls has recently appointed the Sussex Archaeological Society as a depositary for Manorial rolls, and all who have old deeds relating to land are asked not to destroy them without communication with the Hon. Secretary, Barbican House, Lewes.